The inaugural SPW Colour Fun Run will be the centre piece of a day of family fun on the grounds of SPW.
A series of Fun Runs, based on age categories, where the participants are squirted with non-toxic coloured chalk as they run, walk or dance will be held throughout the event. It will also include an afternoon of food, games, music and activities celebrating the community of SPW.
What: A Family Fun day incorporating staggered fun runs where participants are squirted with non-toxic coloured chalk. Food and drink stalls, games and a kids disco will make for an awesome afternoon.
When: Sunday 8 April from 11.00am
Where: The grounds of SPW, with a central hub around the Moreton Bay Fig Tree. The Colour Fun Runs will begin/and end on McKenzie Oval
Who: Families of SPW, Old Scholars, and friends of SPW families are also welcome if they have parental supervision.
Entry to the Family Day is free, however participants in the Fun Runs will need to register and pay a participation fee. We encourage all members of the family to join in and get colourful!
Early Bird Ticket Prices:
Family (2 adults + 2 Children): $50
T-shirts: A commemorative t-shirt, which has been designed by an SPW student (Ginger T) can also be purchased. It will save your good clothes from getting messy. All t-shirts are only $15 and can be bought online at the time of registration.
Register and purchase your tickets and t-shirts before 12 March.
Tickets and merchandise available through Trybooking
Colour Fun Run information
The Colour Fun Run course begins on McKenzie Oval and weaves through the school, over to Braested Oval and back to McKenzie Oval where participants are squirted with
- coloured corn starch – the aim will be to get squirted with as many colours per lap as you can in a set timeframe (Please note: course may be modified for ELC age group).
- Colour Fun Runs will be grouped according to age/year levels
- A full schedule of the fun runs will be released closer to the date
- Parents who are registered, can run with their child’s age group if required
- Corn Starch is Non-toxic and approved for use in foods, cosmetics and/or drugs. (see disclaimers for more information*)
Food and Drink Stalls
A range of food and drink stalls will be available with options to cater for all. We have arranged for a coffee cart; Golden North icecreams, juice and soft drinks stand, sausage sizzle, hamburger stand, healthy options (some may need to be pre-ordered closer to the event) and some treats from a cake stall.
- Magic Mike will be MCing the event and will keep the music pumping as we enjoy the day of fun.
- A Disco and Magic Show will be held during the day
- Skill games with prizes
- DIY Craft stalls
- Face Painting
- And don’t forget the staggered Colour Fun Runs where you can cheer the participants as they run past.
Conditions of Entry
Please wear sensible shoes, such as sneakers or enclosed running shoes.
Wear sunscreen and keep hydrated.
Children need to be supervised while on school grounds by a responsible adult.
Please note this is a family friendly and alcohol-free event.
Extreme Weather Policy – in line with SPW policy the event will be cancelled if over 36 degrees or in the event of thunderstorms. It will proceed if there is light rain – it makes the colour stick better.
*Corn Starch information
- It is made from non-toxic food coloured corn starch with natural food dyes and is biodegradable
- Recommend you wear glasses to prevent it getting in your eyes (not harmful)
- Easy to wash out of hair and off skin and clothes
- Not recommended to eat but it is safe if consumed as it is corn starch, but it will taste like something along the lines of coloured dirt. We recommend wearing it, not ingesting it.