At St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School we aim to provide an education which integrates sound Christian values, the belief in the uniqueness of each child and a balanced program of activities designed to give our students the best possible start in developing the life skills, the confidence and the ability to succeed.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic, independent, co-educational Early Learning to Year 7, Anglican Primary School please follow the steps below.
Current Employment Opportunities
General Employment Opportunities
Permanent Early Childhood Teaching Position
Commencing in Term 3 2018, we have an exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced Early Childhood Teacher. This is a full time position, with dedicated Co-Educator/ESO support to ensure you are well supported to make a significant positive impact on the learning and wellbeing of the children.
In this position you will be expected to teach students from 2 years old to Year 2. Experience as an Early Childhood Teacher with an understanding of the Early Years Framework and Inquiry Based Learning is essential.
- Develop a quality learning and teaching program which caters for the needs of individuals and groups of children in a respectful, supportive, equitable and inclusive manner.
- Develop and implement a vibrant interesting, varied and appropriate children’s program to meet the ongoing needs of the children, in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework and IB PYP
- Facilitate learning opportunities which cater for individual strengths, needs and emerging interests which will engage and challenge students
- Create a calm, positive, organised, stimulating and safe learning environment.
- Integrate the use of age appropriate Information Communication Technologies which reinforce students social skills.
- Ensure an atmosphere of mutual respect among students and educators.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop self-discipline, self-direction and a sense of responsibility to others.
- Record observations of children for the purposes of enriching the educational program and personalise student learning.
- Provide feedback to parents/caregivers in ways that create quality partnerships between home and ELC and maximise children’s learning outcomes.
- Develop, implement and evaluate daily care routines.
- Plan and facilitate the inclusion of children with additional needs.
- Contribute to and support National Quality Framework principles.
- Actively contribute to the development of a strong, collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Actively support accountability, legal compliance and duty of care to children.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in staff development, professional learning opportunities and meetings.
- Support a culture of continuous learning in the workplace by sharing educational practice and professional learning experiences.
- Share and maintain accurate records as required.
- Assess student performance in a variety of ways using continuous assessment practices that inform and support the learning process.
- Collect and maintain accurate and comprehensive records of student learning and achievement.
- Report effectively to parents/caregivers via ELC learning portfolios, formal interviews, impromptu discussions and formal written reports.
- Promote the values of SPW
- Contribute to the Christian life of the School
We request that all applications for the position are submitted via Seek. To submit your application via Seek, please click on the Seek Job advertisement link below. This link will take you to the advertisement on Seek where you will find a bright pink box which says ‘Apply for this job’. Please click on the ‘Apply for this job’ box and follow the instructions to answer some key questions and upload or draft your CV and Cover Letter.
To apply, please provide:
A covering letter (no longer than 2 pages) which identifies:
- Your suitability for the position
- Particular qualities and skills you would bring to SPW
- Three greatest achievements as an educator
Full Curriculum Vitae including:
- Full name and contact details
- Educational background
- Relevant work history including achievements over and above what is expected in the position
- Relevant skills and experience
- Qualifications and recent professional development courses
- The names, addresses and telephone numbers of two recent referees who may be approached, in confidence, in relation to your application
Please note any applications that are not received via seek will not be considered.
Enquiries can be directed to:
St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School Inc
Phone: (08) 7221 6285
Applications Close: Wednesday 6 June at 5.00pm
Relief Teaching, Education Support, Early Learning Co-Educator, OSHC Assistants, Sports Coaching
If you would like to be considered for Temporary Relief Teaching work at our School, your Curriculum Vitae, together with suitable references, may be forwarded to:
Human Resources Advisor
St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School
39 Partridge Street
GLENELG SA 5045
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School’s Child Protection policies and procedures.
We will nurture our students to be happy, knowledgeable and creative young people who care for others and make a positive difference in the world.